Hot Stone Reflexology
With Charmaine Clarke
The ancient healing art of stone therapy using various massage techniques and warm stones relaxes the body at its deepest level and is effective in creating harmony and balance. The subtle energies of stones introduced into a reflexology treatment calm the senses, relax muscle tension and promote a meditative state.Historically Stones have been used in ceremonies and treatments that are as old as the Incas, the Shang Dynasty in China around 1500BC and ancient Egyptians.
• Native Americans used hot stones to place on the abdomen to ease menstrual pain
• Japanese use hot stones on the abdomen to aid digestion
• TCM believe heat can aid well being and conception
• In Russia there is a tradition of lining the bath with basalt stones
The heat from the stones penetrates to a deeper level and may reach up to 7-8cms into the superficial layer of muscle; bringing about physiological changes as well as influencing the body’s internal energy flow (Chi), therefore bringing a balance to both body and mind.
Reflexology and massage of the legs is a perfect way to nurture our bodies and ourselves. Incorporating stones into a treatment can enhance the power of this contact.
• De-stresses - warming gently initiates the parasympathetic system (slows down the heart rate, relax inner organs, increase blood flow, boosts immune and lymphatic system). Slows down respiration.
• Increased action of leukocytes (fights infection) and lymphatic drainage
• Promotes relaxation
• Reduces muscle tension – heat application relaxes muscle to the extent that we can work further / deeper with muscle fibre. If muscle relaxes and recovers, repair can take place more efficiently.
• Increases circulation – vasodilation of capillaries
• Increases elimination of waste products (waste products flushed and organs cleansed).
Soothing, nurturing, the feeling of being in touch, grounding, feeling of blissfulness, tranquilising, comforting, feeling of security and safety, release of tension and anxiety.
Cost of treatment: £35
£10 off first treatment for Suffolk Carers
Referral and Loyalty Discount
Refer a client and receive a 20% discount off your next appointment (referral will also receive 20% off their 1st appointment)
Loyalty discount: receive £10 off your 4th reflexology treatment
For more information please contact Charmaine
Call - 07595 044792.
‘What an amazing treatment, there is no fluid retention whatsoever. All definition back and slim ankles. Totally unrecognisable same feet! I am so thrilled thanks to your skill. Quite incredible!’Sue - Hot Stone Reflexology