the wise hippo birthing programme - Vicky Barbour-Andrews
I teach The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme which uses hypnosis techniques to keep you calm, relaxed and in control during birth. There are many birthing programmes that use hypnosis techniques that are collectively called Hypnobirthing. The Wise Hippo has a unique approach as we do not focus on one specific way of birthing with one specific outcome. We appreciate that every woman has unique needs, wants and concerns about their baby's birth and we teach with this in mind. This in turn enables each woman to prepare for their baby's birth in a way that feels right for them and ultimately to achieve the right birth on the day.
It would simply be impossible to cover everything you need to know about giving birth in a one day session, and also it would be overwhelming to take it all in so The Wise Hippo programme is broken down into 4 easy to digest classes, giving you time in between classes to try out the tools and techniques and to think of any questions you may have.
Specific Conditions Treatable / Who is the Class for?
The earliest we recommend that you start The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme is after your 20 week scan to give you plenty of time to practice the tools and techniques before the birth. However don’t be put off if you are far along in your pregnancy as you can still benefit from attending classes and practicing the techniques in your final weeks of pregnancy. I have taught couples at 38 weeks who have gone on to have an amazing birth! It is never too late! Some couples prefer to start later on in the pregnancy, closer to their due date as they find they feel more focused and motivated!
Benefits of the Therapy / Class
As well as becoming an expert in relaxation and learning valuable breathing techniques for labour and birth, you will also take away:
- All of the information, techniques and tools you need to enable you to have an empowering and positive birth experience
- Lots of useful and important information on your choices and rights during pregnancy, labour and birth which will help you to make informed decisions.
- Advice on practical birth planning, how to create your ideal birthing environment, how to stay calm, relaxed, focused and in control throughout your labour and birth, different birthing positions, the birth partner’s role and lots lots more!
- ‘Skills for life’ which can be used long after your baby is born in many different situations.
So this is not just about learning how to relax during labour and birth, it is about informing yourself, empowering yourself and taking control of your birth experience so that you have the right birth on the day for you and your baby.
The Wise Hippo birthing programme also covers VBAC and Twin births.
What happens in a Session
Each class is broken down to help prepare you and your birth partner for birth, in any way that you want to birth. If you have found yourself looking for an old style run of the mill traditional hypnobirthing course, one that says if you do as I say you will have a perfect birth, then this is not the programme for you. Because I have to be honest with my clients and say that this type of guarantee is impossible. I believe in preparing my clients for the birth you would like to achieve, I don't care wether thats a C-section, vaginal, all the drugs or no drugs, in a hospital, at home or in a field! I will also prepare them to be ready should a curve ball be thrown into the mix on the day, to help you adapt and deal with that situation. We cover the science behind using hypnosis for birth giving them the confidence in their body, breathing techniques to help them be in control of their birth giving a sense of calm during their birth, we talk about all the choices available for the day allowing them to consider all of their options and we discuss the birth partners role on the day allowing them to work as a team to bring your baby earth side.
Length of Session and availability / Class day and time
Each class is 2.5 hours in length and are held 1 week a part from each other. Please contact me for course availability.
Prices / Special Offers
£245 per couple
Each couple will receive:
- A minimum of 10 hours of tuition over 4 classes.
- A Wise Hippo manual work book to complement the classes and support your learning at home.
- Access to your own online client area on the Wise Hippo website.
- Beautifully scripted MP3s to support your preparation at home.
- A set of positive birthing affirmations designed to increase your confidence and leave you feeling positive about birth.
- Ongoing UNLIMITED support from me throughout the course, up until your baby’s birth and beyond.
- A post-natal visit & birth debrief session.
- EXCLUSIVE BONUS content, resources and information.
- Membership to the global Wise Hippo Facebook support group ‘The Hip Club’ .
- EXCLUSIVE special offers on other antenatal and postnatal classes and services.
Telephone: 07766 448464